Lead-tin alloys are classified according to their use:
1 lead-based or tin-based bearing alloy. Alloys with lead-based bearings are collectively referred to as babbitt alloys. Containing 3% to 15%, copper 3% to 10%, and some alloys also contain 10% lead. Tantalum and copper are used to increase the strength and hardness of the alloy. The friction coefficient is small, has good toughness, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance, and is mainly used for manufacturing sliding bearings.
2 lead tin solder. The tin-lead alloy is mainly used, and some tin solders also contain a small amount of antimony. Lead alloy with lead content of 38.1% is commonly known as solder with a melting point of about 183 ° C.
Aluminum tin alloy
For the welding of components in the electrical instrument industry, as well as the sealing of automotive radiators, heat exchangers, food and beverage containers.
3 lead-tin alloy coating. The anti-corrosion properties of tin alloys are applied to the surface of various electrical components, which are both protective and decorative. Commonly used are tin-lead, tin-nickel coatings and the like.
4 lead-tin alloys (including lead-tin alloys, lead-free tin alloys) can be used to produce a variety of fine alloy jewelry, alloy crafts, such as rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches, buttons, tie clips, hats, crafts Decorations, alloy photo frames, religious emblems, miniature statues, souvenirs, etc.
Characteristics of lead-tin alloy (used as alloy jewelry, alloy handicraft material)
- Lead-tin alloy has stable performance, low melting point, good fluidity and low shrinkage.
- Lead-tin alloy has fine grain, good toughness, suitable soft and hard, smooth surface, no sand hole, no defects, no crack, good polishing and plating effect.
- The lead-tin alloy has good centrifugal casting performance and strong toughness. It can cast precision parts with complex shapes and thin walls, and the casting surface is smooth.
- Lead-tin alloy products can be surface treated: electroplating, spraying, and painting.
- The crystal structure of lead-tin alloy is compact, ensuring small tolerances on castings in terms of raw materials, exquisite surface and less post-treatment.